TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Technology’s future is more transparent. With the new General Data Protection Regulations that came into force on 25th May 2018, companies will have greater responsibility when processing customers and users’ personal data on their websites, Apps and other digital platforms where they are present.
At Vidinha Group, we are restating our commitment to respect your privacy and protect your personal data.
1. What are personal data and what categories of data do we process at Vidinha Group?
The new General Data Protection Regulations set out a broader definition of the concept of personal datum. A personal datum is any information, regardless of its type and its medium, which can identify a person. Examples of categories of personal data processed by Vidinha Group are as follows:
Identification and contact data, name, identification document number, tax identification number (NIF), age, date of birth, telephone contact, email, postal address, etc.
2. Who is responsible for processing your personal data?
The entity responsible for processing your personal data is Friatum – Comércio e Indústria de Produtos Alimentares, Lda, Zona Franca Industrial, Plataforma 5E, 9200-047 Caniçal.
3. In which situations do we process your personal data?
At Vidinha Group, we process your personal data upon your consent, when you make a purchase, when your hire a service or when you use our website. Such processing may be carried out orally, in writing or through our website.
4. For what purposes do we process your personal data?
Vidinha Group guarantees that your personal data are only processed for the purposes that were communicated to you and are not used for any other purpose. As such, we process your personal data to ensure the quality of the service we provide to you and to be able to best address your needs. Some examples of purposes for which we may use your data are (indicative list):
- To inform you of new items, opportunities and promotions that might interest you
- Customer Management
- Job application
5. On what basis do we process your personal data?
These are the circumstances that allow us to process your personal data:
- Your express consent – whether in writing or orally, for direct marketing, for example, so that you can receive emails or SMS messages from Vidinha Group.
- Executing a contract – that you have entered into with Vidinha Group, such as a purchase and sale agreement for products or services acquired from Vidinha Group.
- Compliance with a legal obligation.
- Vidinha Group legitimate interest – for example, in order to improve the quality of the service provided.
Vidinha Group undertakes to process your personal data so as to guarantee the confidentiality, security and protection of those data against non-authorised or unlawful processing and against their loss, destruction or damage.
6. For how long do we maintain your personal data?
Vidinha Group retains your personal data only for the length of time strictly necessary to fulfil the purpose for which they were collected, or depending on the case, until you exercise your right of opposition or right of erasure. Once that retention period has elapsed, Vidinha Group will delete your personal data.
7. To whom do we transmit your personal data?
Whenever necessary, Vidinha Group may transmit your personal data to third parties – companies that are partners of Vidinha Group, such as goods transport companies, for example – only and exclusively for the purpose of carrying out a service that you have contracted, such as home delivery of a product. Your personal data may also be communicated, in compliance with the law, to State entities, such as the Tax Authority.
8. Can you find out what personal data Vidinha Group is holding on you?
At your request, Vidinha Group can confirm what information we have on you and how it is processed. If Vidinha Group has personal data on you, you may request the following information:
- Identity and contact details of the person or organisation that decided how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the entity responsible for data protection, when applicable.
- The objective of the processing, as well as its legal basis.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Vidinha Group or a third party, information on such interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients to whom the data are disclosed.
- If we wish to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how to ensure that this is done securely. The EU approved the submission of personal data to some countries because they comply with a minimum data protection standard. In other cases, we ensure that specific measures are in place to protect your information.
- For how long your data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to amend, erase, restrict or oppose such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw your consent at any given time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- If the provision of personal data is a legal or contractual requirement, or required to enter into a contract, as well as if you are obliged to supply personal data and the possible consequences of not supplying such data.
- The source of personal data if they are not collected directly from you.
- Any detail and information of an automated decision, such as profiles and any significant information about the logic involved, as well as the importance and expected consequences of such processing.
9. What are my rights as a personal data subject?
Pursuant to the applicable legislation regarding personal data protection, Vidinha Group ensures, at all times, that you may exercise your lawfully conferred rights, namely, the right of access, rectification or erasure of your personal data (“right to be forgotten”) and restriction or opposition to their processing, as well as the right to data portability, while you may also oppose their processing for the purpose of direct marketing.
To exercise the above-mentioned rights, you may send a written request addressed to Vidinha Group (responsible for the processing), by post to Friatum – Comércio e Indústria de Produtos Alimentares, Lda, Zona Franca Industrial, Plataforma 5E, 9200-047 Caniçal..
Should you believe that your rights have been infringed, you may lodge a complaint with the controlling authority. In Portugal, the controlling authority is Comissão Nacional de Proteção de Dados (hereinafter “CNPD”). Further information about the CNPD is available at www.cnpd.pt.
10. What types of identification do I need to supply in order to exercise my rights?
Vidinha Group accepts the following types of identification when information about your personal data is requested: [Passport, Driving License, Citizen Card, Identity Card]